Première Vision Leather will return to Paris Feb. 7-9, 2017 with more than 230 exhibitors geared toward leather buyers and footwear designers, including a new area dedicated to footwear and handbags, and a robust schedule of educational opportunities.
Here’s a rundown on the must-see events at the leather event.
- The brand new Bag & Shoe Elements zone will present the technical and decorative components specifically designed for the footwear and leather goods markets, arranged in various seasonal themes.
- Première Vision Leather forecasters will reveal the trends for Spring/Summer 2018 during daily leather fashion breakfasts. The team will outline key colors, products and key materials for the leather category.
- The Luxury Materials Workshop, a training organization based in Florence, Italy, will host two daily 45-minute sessions tailored for designers to strengthen their technical skills in materials and finishes. The sessions will discuss leather, alligator, decorative techniques, metals and more.
- A roundtable will provide a forum to discuss ideas for a more responsible leather industry. From material sourcing to traceable production processes and innovation, the discussion will present the challenges and opportunities brands and designers will have to address in order to maintain sustainable growth.
- Rare and selective products will be on display at Maison d’Expectations. The annual event, founded by Italian designers Segno Italiano, spotlights a curated selection of 27 studios—10 of which are brand new to the show. The studios will reveal exclusive designs produced using leather, fabrics and accessories.