Saddled with production woes? Chances are the problems you’re facing originated long before your company placed an order with your factory. A new report from Sourcing Journal shows the degree to which missteps in product development result in a variety of production issues.
The Production Efficiency Survey Report, which was sponsored by Impactiva, reflects feedback from the apparel and footwear industries on the issues that create manufacturing headaches, the steps all members of the supply chain could take to resolve them and the reasons why some problems persist. For instance, 45 percent of respondents said lack of know-how when it comes to solving root causes is one of the top three challenges they face during production.
Download the report to learn more, including:
- The threat the migration toward smaller, frequent orders poses
- The types of quality issues that pop up time and again
- How factory workers are trained—and why that may need to change
- The role brands and retailers need to play in production
- Why most brand-factory relationships fall short of true partnerships—and how that hurts the bottom line
Plus, the report reveals the impact the push for diversification is having on productivity and defects and why that’s a big problem given that 82 percent of those polled said quality is a top concern when onboarding new factories.