Sourcing Journal, the premier online trade publication for apparel and textile executives, is rolling out its second tranche of honorees for Sustaining Voices. The yearlong web series, which was created in collaboration with Cotton Incorporated, honors the latest innovations, products, companies and initiatives driving forward a greener apparel industry. The supply chain and logistics companies join the honorees recognized in the raw materials sector, announced in April.
“Sustainability continues to be a key initiative for companies across the apparel supply chain, and it is our hope that those recognized through Sustaining Voices can serve as inspiration for everyone working toward the challenging but crucial goal of creating a more responsible fashion industry,” said Edward Hertzman, founder and president of Sourcing Journal Media. “Our logistics and supply chain honorees illustrate the variety of ways apparel is approaching the problem, from chemical management and standards to resource protection and upcycling.”
This month, Sourcing Journal announces the honorees in the supply chain and logistics category. They include:
- Canopy, for launching an interactive map that helps brands steer clear of ancient and endangered ecosystems when sourcing viscose
- DHL, for launching a new fleet of electric vehicles as part of its commitment to achieving zero logistics-related emissions by 2050
- Eon, for creating an open, industry-wide standard for a digital identity that allows products to communicate information about themselves at every stage of the value chain
- LimeLoop, for promoting a future where goods are transported in reusable and traceable packaging
- Oeko-Tex, for developing a sustainable leather certification that helps manufacturers improve the sustainability of their processes and ultimately create an eco-friendlier product
- The Open Apparel Registry, for identifying the names, addresses and affiliations of more than 10,000 factories and mills worldwide
- Stuffstr, for using technology to help retailers keep their clothing in circulation and away from the landfill
- The Sustainable Apparel Coalition, for scaling up and improving its Higg Index suite of impact-measurement tools and encouraging industry-wide collaboration
In the coming months, Sustaining Voices will recognize the efforts of both individuals and companies across brands and retailers, factories and initiatives. Each was selected by Sourcing Journal in consultation with a select group of apparel industry experts, who considered the “wow” factor, uniqueness, scalability, buzz and impact each person, program and company had on sustainability in the past year.
Visit SustainingVoices.com to learn more about each honoree, read articles related to their sustainability efforts and listen to our podcast series, which covers all aspects of apparel sustainability.
About Sourcing Journal
Sourcing Journal is the largest, most comprehensive and authoritative B2B resource for executives working in the apparel, textile and footwear industries. Hyper-focused on delivering timely news, insightful analysis and revealing data, Sourcing Journal is empowering industry leaders to make informed business decisions. Sourcing Journal readers rely on the publication to navigate every aspect of this dynamic, complex and vast business, including supply chain, raw materials, sustainability, logistics, fulfillment, product development, compliance, retail and technology.
About Cotton Incorporated
Cotton Incorporated, funded by U.S. cotton producers and importers of cotton and cotton textile products, conducts worldwide research and promotion activities to increase the demand for and profitability of cotton.